STAYING SAFE IN THE FIELD THIS WINTER
The winter months bring a particular set of safety concerns to the field. Being exposed to the cold for an extended period of time can cause problems such as hypothermia and frostbite, so be sure to dress warmly and be aware of potential symptoms. Check out these tips to stay safe this winter!
HERE ARE SOME WAYS YOU CAN KEEP YOUR-SELF WARM OUT IN THE FIELD:
- Wear several layers of clothing.
- Bring an extra set of clothes in the vehicle in case you get wet.
- Stay hydrated and increase your carbohydrate intake.
- Keep moving to stay warm.
- Check tire pressure to ensure tires are properly inflated.
- Clear snow and ice from the headlights and roof of your car.
- Check exhaust pipe for snow and clear it if necessary.
- Keep fuel tank at least half full.
- Make sure you have windshield wiper fluid with de-icer.